Wednesday, April 21, 2010

My invisible fiance...

It sucks.. and I know I should be understanding.. but I feel ignored..

He's busy with school.. and work is really busy for the both of us.. so we hardly talk.. hardly.. more like barely..

It's like.. my phone doesn't die as fast because we don't even text anymore..

It's like.. we probably text each other less than 20x a day..

I mean.. I understand..

I really understand.. we're both very busy.. and we are getting married.. so we'll have the rest of our lives to talk and talk and talk..

But.. it just feels like neglect..

Am I being selfish?

I dont' wanna get mad about it.. nor do I wanna get upset about it.. but I just feel left-out..

It's bad enough that we live long-distance.. it's bad enough that we can't see each other as often as we used to.. but we can barely talk/text each other too?

I know he's really working hard at finishing his MBA.. his classes are more demanding now that he's gearing towards the end..

But maybe a little "hello" text every once and awhile wouldn't hurt..

Does this make me a bad person?!

9 comments:

Hush Greek said...

I really like your post, i think it's really good.. can you comment my post.
- hush greek

apres_amelie said...

Maybe it was fate your husband stumbled across this one - I hope you got a 'hello' text today from him!

(I too, stumbled across your blog by clicking 'next blog'... Have a happy wedding x)

I {HEART} STUFF! said...

I don't think it makes you a bad person at all. I have the same battles. And my husband and I live together.

Stick it out.........this too shall pass! You are both working towards a wonderful future, so keep your eye on the prize!

Anonymous said...

In no way does this make you a bad person. Long distance is challenging, keep going. It'll be all good (: xx
- Caitlin

Imagine Prissy said...

My dear, I don't think it's being "selfish" at all... It's only hum an to want to have time for someone you adore, regardless of the myriads of work you have to get done... I do think it's at that point in time though that you both have to get creative and find some means of having some 'alone time' or a "quickie" for just the two of you... I don't necessarily mean that this has to be sex. Just make the time for each other... That's what counts at the end of the day if you really plan on making you "intended" marriage to last.... You have to start working on it from now...

Katy said...

No, it doesn't make you a bad person, at all.
Maybe you should talk to him about it, and work things out.
It would be a good solution, and you would stop torturing yourself.
And you're not selfish. The fact alone that you question yourself about being selfish makes you a very thoughtful person.

serika said...

Your not being selfish. You two love each other and you two are going to be together for the rest of your lives. Let him do him and you do you for the time you to have left of your single life. :D

januar said...

nice, lets learn betawi language in my blog

Kay Savage said...

Of course it doesn't make you a bad person! It's just a bit of an unfortunate situation. If you feel strongly about it you should maybe try to mention it to him. In the nicest way possible, of course. :) Have a good wedding!