Friday, December 14, 2007

Snap!

My parents are planning on going to visit my grandfather in March.

I dont know if I ever mentioned it on here, but last week, we had found out that my grandfather was diagnosed with 4th stage metastic lung cancer. The doctor also diagnosed him with COPD and emphasema.

My grandfather smoked for a good majority of his life.

My grandfather is a walking statistic on the effects of smoking.

Sigh.

He should have quit when he had the chance. We know that at one point he DID quit, but the last time my aunt came to visit she told us that she believed that he had started smoking again.

Now, everytime I see someone smoke I can't help but get angry.

I just want to go up to them and say, "Do you realize how much pain and worry you will be causing your family in the future? Don't you realize how much pain and suffering you will be going through in the future? Do you know how much damage you are doing to yourself? Save yourself!"

It's so frustrating.

I'm worried about my grandfather and I really want to go there as soon as I can. I don't want to wait until he's lying in a hospital bed with all these tubes attached to him. I want to be able to see him walking about and talking.

I pray that by the time I am able to get there, which may be a month or two after my parents, that he is still in relatively good health.

Please pray for my grandfather.

It's not bad to pray for a miracle, but if that miracle won't happen, please pray that he will not suffer too much.

I wish there was a way to really stop all people from smoking so they can see how bad of a habit it really is.. please Lord.. show me how..

1 comment:

Dr.John said...

The sad thing is we each make our own choices in life even when the choices are bad.