Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Don't stop til you get enough..

I just got back from my first year serving at the Cursillo retreat. As you know, I did the retreat last year. I absolutely loved it. It was so far one of the best experiences of my life. It changed my outlook on my relationship with God and how I express that in my daily life.

I feel so blessed to be able to share that experience with this years candidates. I wanted to make sure they had the same experience I did it last year. I hope I did them proud.

The fires around here are really crazy. I am close enough to smell the smoke and to get ashes rained down on my car. I am close enough to see all the smoke surrounding me.

But thank God I'm far enough at this point to worry about the house or evacuating. I am praying that it won't ever get to that point.

I do know several people that have had to evacuate and several people that have the strong possibilty that their home has been lost. I really hope that they didn't lose their house.

I'm praying for their safety and for the survival of their home. I'm also praying for the firefighters. They are risking their lives to save all of us. True heroes.

1 comment:

Dr.John said...

There is little in life as exciting as sharing the faith. Glad you had the experience. Will pray for you and your home.