Sunday, June 15, 2008

At least it's the first day of the rest of my life..

I'm not bitter.. I never really was.. it's just that there are certain things in life that irk me.. and for some reason.. "this" does..

I don't know why I just feel so "shot in the gut" when I come across things like that.. you know..

I know it's a part of my past.. it will always be part of my past.. but if he was trying to get to me.. then.. it's not working in the sense that he thinks it is..

I know what I have now.. and I really enjoy what I have now.. it's completely different that was he could have ever given me.. and I thank God everyday that I have what I have now and that God showed me how things could really be with someone else.. someone better..

It bothers me because it just seems so fake.. like he's trying to hard to show me up..

It angers me cuz he is flaunting something to prove a point.. and I know that he may never admit to that.. but I know that's what he's doing..

He wants to hurt me.. it doesn't hurt me..

It irks me.. and "irking" is not necessarily "hurting" me..

You would never see me flaunt what I have now.. I am proud of it.. and I am happy because of it.. but I will never flaunt it..

I don't have to prove to anyone that I am happy.. I don't have to prove it to anyone but myself.. and who ever I'm involved with..

And definitely not to him..

Ugh.

1 comment:

Dr.John said...

You have nothing to prove. Don't let him get to you.