Thursday, June 26, 2008

Oh man.. oh man..

I took half of yesterday and all of today off. 

I'm sick.

My throat hurts, my sinuses are congested, and my head is about to explode.  

But.. I have to go to work tomorrow.  

I slept as much as I could today.  Didn't help that I was woken this morning by text messages from my best friend and the guy I'm dating.. my "edp.. exlusive dating partner.."  Then, when I tried to take a nap.. I was woken up again by text from him.. I don't mind.. I like hearing from him.. but I'm sick.. so.. ya.. 

My friend said that it was because I have been overworking myself lately.. which is true.  I have been so busy with school and work and church that it's starting to take it's toll on me.. I know I have to slow down.. but I am just not at a good "slowing down point" in my life..

I know that I will hit it eventually.. I will slow down.. settle.. and have a family of my own.. hopefully that will slow me down.. 

Well.. having a family of my own won't necessarily slow me down.. I know I'll just as busy.. but in a different way.. and I look forward to that.. 

But for now.. tho' I wear myself out so thin that getting sick is the only way to slow me down.. I like my life.. it will have to take something pretty special to slow me and settle me.. and I secretly hope that this something special is already in my life somehow.. 

Who knows... 

Prayers.. 

1 comment:

Dr.John said...

You always have our prayers. Sorry your sick. You are pushing pretty hard.