Monday, June 20, 2005

Gosh..

Gosh.. I haven't been here in the longest time. Sheesh.. more than a week. That's a long time in my terms. Considering I've been used to blogging everyday. Work is finally catching up to me and I no longer have as much free time as I used to for blogging my inner most thoughts and concerns. In fact, I should be asleep now.. but i can't.. so I'm here.. It seemed like the place to leave this..

I just came back from a formal debut for a family friend. Took Justyn with me. Our first formal outting. Our first real "primarily filipino" outing..

Made me realize something that I hadn't thought about before...

How different is too different?

If opposites attract... then are our differences not "opposite" of each other? Are our differences just differences? Am I making sense? There is a difference between different and opposite.. and if opposites attract.. then do differences repel?

I love him so so so much. And I also realized how much I love him tonight, by the way.. anyway.. I love him so much.. but we both grew up very very very very very differently. We see life through very different eyes. Im not saying that how he grew up was bad.. and i'm not saying that the way i grew up was bad.. just different of each other.

It never used to bother me before... i've date guys out of my culture all the time.. but it's different with him. I guess I'm just expecting him to adapt to it sooner than the other because of the fact that this will be part of his life. He's marrying into this. So he has to get used to it..

I just didn't realize that I, too, had to do the same thing concerning his side.

Gosh..

No comments: