Monday, July 23, 2007

It can go in ANY direction..

I'm at a point in my life that I can go in any direction..

I may or may not be working at my workplace by the beginning of September.. my contract ends September 1st.. and I did apply for a permanent position.. but I don't know if i'm going to get it.. I would love to.. but I just don't know.. no one is saying anything.. and i'm kinda too scared to ask..

I am not getting married anymore.. at least not next year.. so.. I don't really have to plan on completely settling down and starting to deal with the realities of married life and possible family life..

My life could go anywhere..

I was thinking of changing careers.. going into nursing if I don't get this permanent position.. the local community college has a program where you can "go up a ladder" in a career in nursing.. starting with being an LVN.. working for awhile.. then go back to school for another 2 years to become an RN.. then.. I'd work more and then enroll at this other school to work on my Bachelors Degree and eventually a Masters Degree in Nursing..

It's a good thought.. but I am also realzing that I did get a good bachelors degree in Biotechnology.. which my parents worked really hard to pay for me to get.. and why waste it? So.. I'm having second thoughts about this career change..

Offering it up to the Lord..

I guess that's all I can do.. is just offer up my future.. where ever the Lord takes me.. who knows.. I may just get sent into a while different direction than I am anticipating right now..

It's human nature to be frustrated and impatient about the unknown.. it's overcoming the humanity.. that's faith..

I am still thinking about getting a theology degree at a Catholic University down in San Diego.. I'd like that.. I think it'd be interesting.. maybe specialize in Scripture.. or Catholic history..

What ever direction the Lord takes me.. I should follow wholeheartedly.. I just hope that when he does start showing me where to go.. my eyes will be open enough to realize that I am being led somewhere..

1 comment:

Dr.John said...

It is good to have many possible futures and then wait on God's leading. You could end up as a theological professor.