Saturday, August 12, 2006

Read this.. it's pretty important..

I cried tears of pity.. "crocheting for a cause..."

So.. Justyn and I went out tonight.. we ate dinner.. had a good time.. did some shopping.. you know.. hang out.. like we do occasionally..

Well.. we were getting gas when we passed by a guy.. a guy.. and old man.. going through the trash cans.. looking for cans and bottles.. and food.. every piece of food he could find.. a chip.. a part of a pretzel.. if he was lucky.. he would find a bag of a half eaten pastry.. or a box of half eaten fries or something.. and he would stash it away in a larger potato chip bag..

Gosh.. I was so hurt seeing that.. I wanted to give him the leftovers of what we didn't eat at the CPK.. but.. i was too frightened to approach him.. scared that he might get offended.. and partially cuz i really didn't know how to approach that.. i didn't know what to say.. i was.. scared..

I did the only think I knew how to at that moment..

I cried.. tears fell from my eyes.. I cried..

So.. now.. I'm thinking..

I don't need the "extra change" that I can make from doing doilies.. I should sell them.. and that money should go somewhere that can be most useful.. not my pocket.. i have enough money.. i'm making ends meet and i don't need to go to trash cans for my daily meal..

So.. I should make the doilies and sell them.. and donate that money to charities..

"Crochet for a cause"

And all the proceeds go to... whatever charity..

I can crochet stuff.. sell it.. and maybe $0.10 of every dollar goes to me.. to reimburse me for the thread.. and the rest of it goes to a charity of the moment..

From domestic poverty.. to breast cancer awareness... the charity would change every so often..

I know that the money I could possibly make won't be a lot.. but it's a start.. I would love to do this.. I just need guidance..

I've always wanted to make a difference in the world.. maybe this is my calling..

If anyone knows how to start something like this.. I would love to some help..

No comments: