Sunday, April 29, 2007

And just like that...

He passed away.

April 27th, 2007. Around noon.

His heart just finally gave up and he is now in a better place. We'd all like to think that when everyone dies that they are in a better place now. I think it gives us comfort in our grief after losing a loved one.

I personally wasn't very close to him. I would see him and his wife every time they came to the states for some medical treatment. They always treated me so nicely and spoiled me so much. I was one of their treasured grand-nieces. My father's side of the family likes to spoil me. It's my favorite part of being my father's daughter. Hahaha!

Death is something I dont think I can ever get used to. Tho' I had seen him in the hospital and saw the amount of suffering he was going thru.. tho' I had wished that the Lord would do what is right for him and for his family.. tho' we all knew that this was going to happen eventually.. tho' we all figured he wasn't going to make it thru this alive..

To know that he's actually passed away.. it still hurts..

It hurts to see his family suffer.. it hurts to know that I won't hear him cracking jokes again.. it just hurts..

But he's in a better place.. and he is no longer suffering.. that's our consolation..

No comments: