Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Where's the chapstick?

Man.. when is the chapstick when I need it??

I think I left my gloss in my other purse. That is the curse of having too many purses in my rotation of purses. But I'm a girl.. what can i say?

So many feelings ran through me yesterday as I went to visit my father's uncle in the hospital. My parents have been telling me.. over and over and over.. his condition.. what he's going through.. how he looks.. everything..

But to see it for the first time.. It really scared me.. I hate seeing people in that state of pain.. in that state of illness.. in that state of teetering over the edge of life and death..

I hate it.. especially since I have known this man all my life.. and remember how he usually is.. happy.. always the first one to crack a joke.. full of life.. even through all the health issues he has been through..

But to see him this way.. yikes..

I don't know.. it's easy to say.. let him go.. it's for the best.. ease his suffering.. if the Lord wants to take him to His kingdom.. then by all means.. why stop it?

But at the same time.. I can see the how hard it is to let someone you love deeply go.. to know that you'll never see that person again.. to know that this person won't be around anymore..

But knowing that he will be with the Lord.. but knowing that he will no longer be suffering..

I don't know.. it was very difficult to see him.. and i keep picturing him in that hospital bed everytime i close my eyes..

Please pray for him.. that the Lord will be merciful to him and his family.. and that the Lord will do what is best for him and his family.. whether it be he lives or not.. that the Lord will do what is best.. and that the Lord embrace him and his family with love and grace in this especially hard time for all of them..

Thanks!

2 comments:

Dr.John said...

I wish there were easy answers to all those questions that arise when death is near. But there aren't so we just have to trust God.

m0tasim said...

it may sound unlikely; but i hope he gets better. nothing is ever impossible.

and btw, what is a chapstick?