Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Another curve ball..

I don't think I will ever understand why God likes to throw us all curve balls in life. One would think that if a person decides to follow Him, then He would make life so much easier for that person. If a person decides to follow God, then God would be happy and shower this person with blessings and gifts.

Sometimes I feel like it's the COMPLETE OPPOSITE.

Now, I know I'm wrong. It's not like I am being bombarded with disappointment and bad luck all the time.

It's not like that at all..

My life doesn't run smoothly. I don't really have the right to complain because I know so many more people that have it worse than I do. But at the same time, I know so many people that have a better life than I do.

I would love for my life to run smoothly. We all would.

But then again, this is just what I've been handed. God doesn't give us anything more than we can't handle. Apparently I can handle a lot. Maybe God is showing me that I can handle a lot more than I ever thought I could handle. But I won't lie and say that it is so very, very hard.

We all go through things for a reason. We all go through things so that we can exercise the freedom of choice that God gives us. What kills me is that we don't really ever know if we make the right choice after it is made. We can contemplate all we want about the possible scenarios, but those possible scenarios don't usually materialize.. and we can never turn back time and change our decision to see how our life would change accordingly.

It's frustrating, and I know that I'm not the only one that feels this way. But I just wish that there were moments.. especially the very important moments.. when we were allowed a sneak peak into the future depending on the choices presented to us.. so we would know we were making the right decision..

Sigh..

1 comment:

Dr.John said...

Sometimes God lets us look back and see that what we did was right.