Monday, August 27, 2007

Losing my ability to blush..

Modesty.

Modesty and community theater.

It's like mixing oil and water. I mean, how do can you be modest when you HAVE do quick changes in the wings of the theater and everyone and everyone backstage is there and you have NO choice?

The answer is.. YOU CAN'T!

How can you be modest if certain roles call for certain outfits? How can you be modest as a dancer when sometimes the dance instructor puts you in these tiny little "tinkerbell" type outfits or in little leotards and what not?

The answer is.. YOU CAN'T!

There are certain instances, especially in the hobbies I have found myself immersed in, that modesty is just not an option. Modesty can be slightly detrimental to the overall outcome of the performance.

You can't simply run into the dressing room to do a less-than-five minute quick change.. especially if the dressing room is a little farther than just stripping down in the wings..

So maybe in a sense, I have lost my ability to blush.. but it isn't because I would go around flaunting and undressing like that in any other circumstance, but it's not like I really care anymore..

Does that make me a bad person??

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not all at all.
It's part of the job and everyone is doing the same thing.
Wishing you much luck.
Frances

Dr.John said...

No it doesn't make you a bad person. You only do what is needed for the play.