Monday, September 24, 2007

"...and I will sing forever.."

Sometimes God throws you curveballs..

The Adult Chorale Troupe is starting up again for the Christmas season.. I was really looking forward to singing in ACT 2.. the solo group.. and I had the perfect song for the audition to.. "Where Are You Christmas" sung by Faith Hill.. I have been rehearsing it and working on it for awhile. I had sung it in the past and I really feel like I am ready to sing it again..

But the ACT 2 rehearsals are conflicting with my singing at Sacred Heart Church at 12:30pm. I can always rearrange my Mass attendance schedule but that would mean that I would have to sacrifice singing with the choir.. which I love..

I don't want the choir to think that my participation there is just an afterthought. I love singing in that choir.. I love serving the Lord thru the gift of song He was graciously given me..

I want to do both.. but I can't.. and I have to make a decision by this next Monday becuase that's when I am going to audition the song..

I think I am going to sacrifice ACT 2 for this show.. and then maybe compromise and allow myself to do the Broadway show's ACT 2..

Sigh.. this makes me bummed.. but I think I'm making the right compromise..

No comments: