Tuesday, September 11, 2007

My mission.. should I choose to accept it..

Watching video podcasts. Catholic video podcasts. Well.. for the most part.. actually.. all of the podcasts and video podcasts that I am subscribed to are Catholic. Wait.. one of them is Homestarrunner but they don't update their video podcast.. so I don't think that counts anymore..

I have a strong need to learn and absorb as many things Catholic as I can. I want to learn so much about my faith and grow in my faith and all these podcasts and all the reading material that they suggest and point me towards have helped me a great deal.

So why not become a nun?

The thought has crossed my mind. And for awhile, my thought process was.. if things dont' work out with Justin and I .. then I'd discern that vocation.. well.. things didn't work out with Justin and I..

I just don't feel that my "call" is to religious life. I feel that I am to remain a lay person, but I do feel a pull to serve the Church in some deeper way. I want to be able to let all existing Catholics know what they are missing out on by not practicing their faith.

I feel that my call is not to really evangelize to non-Christians and non-Catholics.. but to "bring home" many of the baptized Catholics that have strayed from the faith. I want to make non-practicing Catholics embrace their faith and see it for all of it's beauty and to truly understand the origins of the teachings and to really study what is said from the Vatican and from the Pope before they make snap judgments based on the soundbites they get from global media.

I feel my calling is that.. especially for the children. I want them to understand and embrace their Catholic faith.. if children are raised with the knowlege and understanding of their faith.. then maybe the decisions they make as adolescents and then as adults would be better because they have a strong religous background.

And if it's just starts with one person.. and that person teaches it to their children.. and so on .. and so on.. then maybe.. just maybe.. the world will be in a much peaceful place..

All it takes is one person.. with enough love in their heart to believe that this can come true.. and the Lord will work things out in His time..

No comments: