Sunday, September 02, 2007

Emotional garbage..

I'm angry. I don't know why. I have this irrational anger in me right now. I can't explain it. Justin thinks I have to have an explanation for everything. I don't. I just don't. But the more he pries the more angry I get.

I know that the one thing I need to do is go to confession. I need some absolution of the sins that are plaguing my mind and my soul. I think that would make me feel better to talk it out with a priest and to pray to God for the forgiveness and to be granted that forgiveness and absolution. I think it would help a lot.

I never used to believe in confession. A devout practicing Catholic that didn't believe in confession .. me..

But the more I learn about my faith, the more I understand that it's not necessarily telling sins to another sinner.. Jesus had appointed these specific people to do His work in the absolution of sins.. though Jesus himself.. I don't know if that make sense.. I dont' think I'm explaining it right.. I don't know.. but it makes sense when someone else explains it.. but just not me..

I've never been a good at Catholic apologetics.. tho' I really think I should try to be.. because so many people have so many misconceptions about my religion.. and so many non-practicing Catholics have so many misguided notions about the religion.. I just want to set them all straight.. not necessarily for their conversion.. I believe that to each is his own.. but I just don't want them to think certain things about the Catholic church.. I'd rather them form an opinion based on FACT than based on rumor and misinterpreted teachings...

Is this the direction my life is supposed to go??

No comments: