Thursday, September 13, 2007

Me and Mother Theresa..

There is an article in Time Magazine about Mother Theresa and her "dark night of the soul."

Now, I have written about this in the past. I'm not sure how far back, but I know I have mentioned this before. I mentioned that I was going through a dark night of the soul, similar to Mother Theresa.

After reading the article, I never knew how deep the darkness was in her. She wrote things as if I were writing them myself. Mentioning things how God loves everyone else, and blesses everyone else.. but herself..

Everyone.. but her..

I mean.. Mother Theresa.. thinking God loves everyone.. but her.. MOTHER THERESA!

It's understandable for a person like me.. someone so insignificant.. someone not making much of an impact on this world.. to feel that way. If something were to happen to me.. the whole world would not mourn.. so.. it's easy to feel as God were to just overlook me. I believe in the goodness of God.. I believe that He is there for everyone.. but me..

It's more understandable for these feelings to come from me.. insignificant me..

But Mother Theresa.. wow.. she seems to be the one that the Lord has touched the MOST in our time.. how can she feel so detached?

It seems so surreal.. that Mother Theresa had felt the same exact things that I am going through right now..

Mother Theresa was such a religious icon of our time.. it's hard to believe that she can doubt and be human.. I guess she was just someone who I took for granted.. never even considering her human side..

I have so much more respect for her now.. knowing that she perservered through her "dark night of the soul," and knowing that it was just as deep as mine is now.. and to know that she got through it.. Knowing that she never gave up praying and praising our Lord.. it's very inspiring..

There is hope for me yet!

2 comments:

Dr.John said...

Sometimes I believe God gives his Saints a dark night period so they can help the rest of us through ours.

The Gatekeeper said...

You're not insignificant, my friend. Hang in there. Stay the course, grow in your relationship with God and you'll see His bigger picture soon. Just like Mother Theresa, don't ever give up praying. I'll have to check out your blog for God later. Blessings.