Wednesday, September 05, 2007

OLD.. OLD.. OLD.. me? never!

Anyway.. with my birthday quickly approaching I have made the realization that I have grown up.. A LOT.. within the past few years. I can honestly say that I don't think I am the same person I was two years ago.. in almost every aspect of my life..

I mean.. I even have a different job! I go from a Lab Coordinator at a small Biotech company.. to a Senior Research Associate at a University Lab. I like it. It's been challenging and fun. Yes.. science is fun.

I think my biggest changed has been spiritually and religiously.. I know that two years ago I had re-embraced my Catholic faith, but at that point I was still what some would call a "cafeteria Catholic".. one that picked and chose what teachings I would follow and ignore the rest..

Now.. I believe that I am fully immersed in my faith and want to.. and try very hard to.. follow every teaching and am learning so many things every day.. I listen to so many Catholic podcasts and have gone to so many talks and seminars and retreats.. People look at me call me devout.. tho' my actions may look as though I am.. I still feel that I am so far from being "devout".. I feel like I have so much more I need to learn and accept fully in order to be "devout". I honestly don' t feel worthy enough for the title of "devout Catholic." I'm a "practicing Catholic.. deeply rooted in my faith.." but hardly devout..

And yes.. I do feel there is a difference..

Anyway.. So.. basically.. I don't know if this growth of mine has steered me into someone better or worse.. maybe a little bit of both. I've come to find that through the years I have let my head decide a lot of things for me.. and sometimes I really don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.. I have lost so much thinking and deciding with my head.. but at the same time.. I have gained so much too..

Well.. what do you think?

1 comment:

Dr.John said...

From what I've read you are growing spiritually very well.