Monday, February 26, 2007

Church..

So.. last sunday.. yesterday.. I was asked to talk about how helping out the church has changed my life..

Blessings..

NO.. blessings are not asking God for something and getting it right away..

Stewardship for the church does not mean "more brownie points" which in turn means that God will grant more blessings for you..

Blessings.. are NOT wishes..

That's what I tried to instill in my lil speech..

Scared.. yes.. I was..

I'm a performer.. not a public speaker.. and yes.. there is a difference..

Yes. I teach.. children.. and even then.. there are times I get nervous to speak in front of them... so you could imagine how i felt having to speak in front of an entire congregation..

Of all the days for the church to be packed..

I hope that I got to some people though. I really did. I hope it's encouraged many people to step forward and ask someone "what can I do to help the Church.."

That talk.. that lil speech I made.. THAT was a blessing..

1 comment:

Dr.John said...

I'm glad you were blessed.