Thursday, January 03, 2008

Faster and faster..

My grandfather is getting worse and worse and worse as the days progress. I hate to know how much time he actually has. I was hoping that we'd be able to make it to see him by June, but it looks like things are not going to go as planned.

2008 - The year of unpredictability.

I'm hoping to see him up and about.

He doesn't want to be resusitated. He doesn't want to be intubated. He just wants to go when it's his time to go.

Dear God, I hope that his time is after I see him. I want to see him alive. I want to see him alive and well enough to show me around Guam.

He's a ticking timebomb and it kills me that all of this could have been prevented if he hadn't started smoking in the first place! All of this could have been prevented if he had quit so many, many, many years ago.

Smoking is evil. It is an evil and nasty habit.

If I could I would do everything in my power to stop everyone from smoking. Don't they see the damage they are doing to themselves and all the pain and heartache they are causing their family.

Most of them do know, yet they say they don't want to deal with it.

WHY?! What kind of a mindset is that?

Look at my grandfather! Look at everyone else that has died from heavy smoking! Look at the damage they have done! Look at the damage that could have been prevented!

Why?!

1 comment:

Dr.John said...

Once I visited a parishoner who was dieing of cancer. He had part of his throat removed and breathed through the hole. But he would put a cigarette up to the hole and inhale. Such is the nature of addiction.