Monday, January 21, 2008

Guam: Update 3

The weather and everyone else's germs are finally getting to me. My throat hurts and I can feel my tonsils touching when I swallow. I am pumping myself up with liquids and vitamins trying to fight the cold that is inevitably coming.

I didn't do much today because I wanted to rest, but yesterday I took my mom and dad to the resort village for a little rest and relaxation. I have been taken out enough that I was able to drive and figure out how to get there on my own and we had fun. We found a way to get to the beach and we took a walk around there for awhile. The sand was so white and so soft and the water was a comfortable temperature to wade in.

We also got to do some shopping again and got some souviniers.

On the homefront, things are still very up and down here. The past few days have been pretty good for Grampa. He had been going out of his room and watcing TV in the mornings and I had been able to talk to him and buy him things in the store. He had been fairly strong since the last time I left a blog update.

Today, he was getting tired very easily and rested a lot today. I didn't get a chance to spend time with him today because of the cold I feel like I am getting, but he seemed to have his eyes closed a lot today. Relatives have been coming in and out of the house and visiting him, but he always asks for my dad to be by his side.

Sidenote: My dad is my grandfather's first and only son from his first marriage. My dad's mother died when my father was young and my grampa re-married to the woman I now know as my Grandma. With my Grandma, he had two daughters, my aunties, that live in Guam.

Apparently, a few days ago, when everyone else went to Mass, my dad and grampa had a good heart-to-heart talk about the past and how things could have ended up. My dad reassured him that he knew that Grampa did all he could to raise Dad and that all the sacrifices Grampa made turned out to be the best. I'm glad and I thank God that they were able to have that talk together.

Today, just a little earlier, Grampa was have an adverse reaction to some anti-anxiety medication. It scared me because I have never seen him so aggressive before, but he's calm now and we are throwing that medicine away, never to be touched again.

Thank you for all the constant prayers and love. I'll be home soon and I will be able to start sharing pictures of everything.

I love you all!

1 comment:

Dr.John said...

It does sound like there will be some good memories of your grandfather to bring back with you.