Monday, January 07, 2008

Reality hits hard..

Monday.

We'll be leaving for Guam on Monday. We are leaving for two weeks.

Monday.

I will be seeing my grandfather soon.

Reality: This may very well be the last time I will be seeing him alive. Ouch.

It's painful to really think about it that way. But I don't want to psyche myself out and get all excited about it just being "another visit to family."

This is basically our "goodbye."

God has given us the opportunity to say all we need to say and do all we need to do with him. God is giving us the opportunity to have the time with him and it's up to us to make the most of it.

I have never been to Guam before. I haven't been on a plane in twenty years.

I'm excited and terrified at the same time. All through this, I know that God is with us all. The Lord is showing us the way and He has his protective arms around us and consoling us.

I am grateful for the opportunity to see him, but at the same time, it hurts so much. It hurts to think that I may not see him anymore after this visit.

I keep praying for a miraculous healing, or that the diagnosis was a fluke. Or that all of this is just one bad practical joke. But I know I'm wrong. I know this is reality, and that a miraculous healing is up to God.

Thy Will be done.

1 comment:

Dr.John said...

Try to look at as the fact that the time comes when God calls each of us home. Soon it will be your grandfather's turn to enter into paradise. Go and enjoy the visit. Make good memories you can cherish for years to come.