Friday, January 18, 2008

Guam Update 2

It's been a few days since the last update. It's truly been a whirlwind experience.

There are so many cousins and aunties and uncles that I have never known existed. It's hard to keep track of them all and I am sure that I will forget their names as soon as I get back to California.

All of my grandfather's children and step-children are now here. The last one flew in last night. He was so overwhelmed with emotion. All of us were. He got so excited from all of it that I think he mistook it for the almost dying and he was starting to say good bye and that he loved us all and all those things that dying people say. It was scary but luckily we got him to calm down and he's ok.. relatively.

I've also had some time to explore Guam. My gramma brings me out whenever she get the chance and my aunt took me out to the resort malls. I ended up buying $440 pair of Louis Vuitton sunglasses. Hahah.. it was great.

It's also such a contrast between life on the resort side of things versus out of the resort. It's like everyone's forgotten about the part of Guam that doesn't generate a lot of tourist income.

It's defnitely not as bad as the poor parts of the philippines, but it could still use a lot of help. I wonder if there is anything I can do when I get back...

Anyway, this is my update for now. Hope that things will get better for these updates.. but I don't think they will.

Thanks for all the prayers and kind thoughts.. keep them coming!

1 comment:

Dr.John said...

Sounds like this could generate some very good memories for you.