Saturday, September 09, 2006

Creative surge..

I'm feeling awfully creative lately.. and I appreciate all the comments I've been receiving because of it.. I never thought that my mindless rambling.. the stuff i consider my own personal poetry.. can actually relate to other people.. I'm glad.. I'm glad people find a connection to what I write..

It makes me feel like I"m not the only one in the world.. that I have people that understand me.. and I'm glad..

Thank you.. thank you.. thank you..





Disappearing youth
Days tick by..
Forward.. forever forward..
Impossible to look behind me..
Impossible to replay..

Must learn from my mistaks..
Unable to go back to fix them..
Must learn and move forward..
My only desire is to head on back..

My youth is disappearing..
Age settles in..
My life.. my world.. my visions..
Constantly changing.. with moving time..

My youth is disappearing..
Who I am now..
So different than then..

To be able to be what I was..
Knowing the things I know now..
To be able to decide what to do..
Knowing the the things I know now..
To be able to choose another path..
Knowing the things I know now..

Impossible.. Impossible..

Must move forward..
Forever forward..
Must move on..
Must move on..

2 comments:

Dr.John said...

A poem just for me .

Kat Campbell said...

I've been having the same feelings lately, last of my kids about to turn 20. It feels like the fall of my life. Nice poem.