Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Woo hoo!

So.. there I go.. I just sold my first EBAY item. I shipped it out today and I'm rather proud of myself. I didn't get a lot out of it. I got one bid for the original auction price, but it doesn't matter because I sold it!

I'm working on another cross-stitching piece but I have been so busy with the show that I'm going to be in this Thursday. It's performance week and so we are bustin' booty trying to get it all perfected by then.. I haven't had time to work on the new cross-stitch piece.. it'll be cute. I can't wait til it's done but it's a lot more work so I'm probably going to raise the price a little bit.

I hope that the buyer is happy with what they got and will put it to good use. I didn't frame it or anything. I specified on the auction site that I was going to leave it up to the buyer to do what they wanted with it. Also.. I don't really know what to do with it after I finish it in the first place..

I was also thinking of starting to make all-twine-knotted rosaries like the ones that they talk about on the Rosary Army Podcast. I won't sell those, but I would like to participate in donating some to their site and giving some away at my church.. but with my already busy schedule.. I don't honestly think I can handle anything else...

Plus.. even tho' this is a very selfish excuse.. I will not be making any money out of it.. I think that the overall outcome of being charitable about it and just giving them away is much more rewarding.. I don't think I'm at a good place in my life to financially be comfortable like that..

But then again.. is there ever really "a good place and time"..

It's all about the trust in the Lord.. right??

1 comment:

Dr.John said...

E-bay is so unpredictable that I'm glad your piece sold. I"ll pray the performance goes well.