Monday, February 11, 2008

Holding myself accountable..

Well.. I'm halfway through the process of applying at the University of Phoenix for their online course to get myself a Masters Degree in Business Administration..

Now, for everyone that knows me, you all know that I am the world's biggest science geek.

I opted out of taking business courses in my Biotechnology cluster in order to take the hard bacteriology/microbiology classes.. after all my friends told me that the Biotech Business route was the easiest to take for graduation..

So, what am I doing getting my MBA?

Well.. for starters.. it's much easier to get than an Masters Degree in Molecular Biology.

The MBA course is completely online. There is no committment to go to a meeting place or anything. That makes things a little easier, especially with my busy schedule.

It's a relatively fast course. If I go through it straight, without any breaks, it should only take me a year and a half. I can complete the course at my own pace... taking breaks between classes and determinng how much time I really need in between classes..

It's one class at a time.. about thirteen classes.. and the classes last for six weeks at a time..

Now you ask.. what will I do with the MBA when I'm done..

Honestly.. I don't know.. I know that the MBA can eventually lead to many open doors.. even in the lab I work at.. I'll have management skills to become a supervisor..

I'm going to get the MBA.. and I know the Lord will lead me to whereever I need to be next..

It's all in His plan.. and so far.. I'm liking the direction..

No comments: