Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Conversations..

It's amusing.. the kinds of conversations you can have with a person.

Take for instance.. the "significant other.."

Topic of conversation: bedtime.

I don't know how or why it got started.. it just did.. he's saying that he wouldn't mind being the kind of couple that would turn in at 9pm. I mean.. really?

He's only two years older than me.. why is he acting like that?

I guess I wouldn't mind an earlier bedtime, I mean.. that means more sleep and more refreshed feeling in the morning..

But honestly.. that would only work if there were no kids in the picture.. at least no babies..

That would be sooo unfair if he'd continue to go to bed at 9pm while I have to tend to a child with changing sleep patterns..

Well.. that's too much "future" thinking..

But sheesh.. I'm from a family who's bedtimes range from 11ish pm to 1ish am.. we arent early sleepers.. we are early risers.. but not by choice.. we like to sleep in..

He's just silly..

2 comments:

Dr.John said...

Trust me. Nobody knows what patterns will develop in the future. They are often very different from our expectations. Betty and I wanted six kids but we scaled that down to three.

Jsn said...

That's just odd for him to suggest 9:00pm. Maybe if you're old or scared of the dark. Hopefully he's talking way way way down the road, otherwise it makes no sense (from the gpov).