Thursday, March 08, 2007

Why wouldn't I be scared..

I got a comment about yesterdays post that seemed to be.. 100% wrong..

I mean.. God doesn't NOT give you those feelings of fear.. we give ourselves the feelings of fear.. God gives us the strenght and comfort to do things we don't normally do..

Yes.. I'm scared to be a public speaker.. especially when it comes to the Lord and the church.. not because God makes me scared.. or it doens't mean that God doesn't exist because there is fear in the world..

I'm scared.. nervous.. apprehensive..

But only because I don't feel worthy enough to do works for the Lord.. He has done so many great things for me.. and I feel very much indebt to Him.. but I don't feel worthy enough.. or I don't think I'm really a good enough person to say things about God.. I'm hardly an example of the "almost-perfect Catholic"..

I used to be what you would call the "catholic schoolgirl" type.. not in the sense that I was completely "easy" but yes.. I have made some wrong decisions.. you could hardly call me saintly..

And even today.. I make the wrong choices.. and have to live by them..

So ya.. am I really worthy of sending out His message? Really?

That's why I get so scared.. because I feel like.. one of these days.. someone might see me for what I really am.. and they would totally call me on it..

Am I making sense?

I don't know..

Thanks to Dr. John and Betty for those lovely comments..

1 comment:

Dr.John said...

The good news as always is that when we doo goof God is there to forgive us and pick us up.