Monday, November 10, 2008

"I'll pray for you.."

I'm sure that is a saying many of us have encountered.. and many of us had said.. I'm sure we say it everyday!

But now.. let's think about it..

For all the people that you say "I'll pray for you.." how many of us actually do?

For some of us.. that term is used very loosely.. if someone is going through a hard time.. or someone tells us of their minute problems.. the first instinct is to tell that person "I'll pray for you.." but when it comes down to prayer time.. you may forget..

Or is that just my problem?

I've begun to start generalizing it.. "Dear God.. for those people I said that I would pray for today.. I'm offering prayers to their need in the hopes that whatever they are going through or whatever they need be resolved and taken into Your loving care.."

Is that sufficient?

Or should I start writing stuff down and pray in detail?

I mean.. I'm sure it counts.. right? Prayer is prayer.. intention is intention..

I just feel bad for the people that may really be going through something I end up lumping them into my general "I'll pray for you.." prayer.. instead of praying intently for that person's needs..

Something to think about.. what do you do?

1 comment:

Dr.John said...

I pray for you and several other people on the blogs every night without fail.