Sunday, May 06, 2007

Praise the Lord!!!

Today, the very first CCD class I have ever taught in my life had recieved the sacrament of Eucharist for the first time. Yes, my kids had their first Holy Communion today.

I was so proud. I was so happy to see my class go up there and receive the Eucharist. I never thought that I would have gotten as emotional as I did. But when I saw them process into the church.. the girls in their beautiful white dresses.. the boys in their sharp little suits.. I couldn't help but get teary eyed.

I watched their progress from the beginning.. taught them so many things that I hope they will remember in the long run... helped tend the seed of faith that parents planted in them on the day of their baptism..

I am soo proud..

These children were so blessed and I feel so blessed to share that moment with them..

It really makes those months of struggle and constant prayers for help with the class really worth it.. because it is really a blessing to have each of them complete these sacraments...

It made me realize that i really do love being a CCD teacher.. I really do!

1 comment:

Dr.John said...

AS a Pastor ( or Priest) I was always so glad to have people like you in the congregation.