Monday, January 26, 2009

Scattered thoughts..

There isn't much to say at the moment.. I need to vent some feelings out and I really don't know where to start.. I tried about eight times to start this entry.. and everytime.. I deleted it because it just didn't sound right..

I'm not insecure.. I'm not depressed.. I just have things on my mind that need to get out.. I'm confused.. maybe worried.. a little scared.. I just know I'm not the me I was this weekend..

I'm just out of sorts again..

I was settled last week.. this week.. I'm not so sure..

I feel complacent.. I need movement.. I need something exciting to come.. move me forward..

I started this year so pumped... I started this year so inspired that things were going to change for the better..

My impatience is getting the best of me as I look at the end of January and find that I went no where..

I really need to learn to just give myself time.. I thought I trusted in God and His time?

Sometimes I seem to forget that.. this is that "sometime.."

I need a day out.. I thought I got that in Vegas.. and I did.. but as much fun as I did have.. there were places to go that I didn't go to.. things to see that I didn't see.. we just ran out of time..

And that's the thing I always feel like I'm running out of.. time.. there is never enough time to get all that I want done.. it's discouraging.. when it should press me to move on.. and to work hard to get as much done as I can.. should it?

That should be my new outlook.. life is short.. time is scarce.. I gotta make the most of the time I have.. work hard to get as many things done as I can.. and look back and know that even if I didn't finish it all.. I sure did a lot with my life.. and for that I should be proud..

If it were only that easy.. but lets work on that..

For more reading.. try my other blog.. "Living life in the carpool lane.."

2 comments:

Dr.John said...

There will never be enough time to do all you want to do so rejoice in what is done.

J. Alfred Proofreader said...

I've read only this one post, but you seem to have a very James Frey/Million Little Pieces-esque style of writing.

Happy New Year!

That's a compliment by the way.