Thursday, January 01, 2009

There are methods to my madness..

So.. one way I have found to not miss the traveling boyfriend so much is shopping. The day after Christmas I found myself in the local mall in the city that my cousin and his family live.

I bought shoes.. makeup.. and some sweaters.. and tea.

They have this awesome tea shop that sells custom teas. Marvelous. They had these sample teas and so we bought some. I can't seem to replicate how well the made the tea. For some reason my version is always a little too watered down. I think that I need to put more leaves and possibly steep it for much longer. I also don't seem to put enough sweetener as they do.

I'm determined to make this tea as flavorful as they store did. I'm getting close!

The shopping is only a temporary fix to trying to not miss this boy so much.

I mean, it's not like we don't spend this much time apart as it is. It's going to be four weeks apart. He's gone for three but I'll be gone the weekend he gets back.. so we'll have to wait another work week before we can see each other.

We've done four weeks apart before.

Does the distance really make a difference?

Or is it the fact that he isn't as readily accesible via text messages like he is when he is at home?

Is it a combination of all those things?

This weekend I will be able to keep myself busy because I will be working with my old boss on the project we have been trying to finish for a few weeks now.

Then the next weekend will be spent with my closest girlfriends. It'll be a girls-only thing because they know that I am going nutso missing my boyfriend while their hubbies are all with them.

The weekend after that is the weekend he returns but it is also the weekend I will be in Las Vegas with my family.

So.. when you look at things according the calendar.. it really doesn't seem like much time will pass.. and it looks like time should move quickly..

But reality is not making it so.. for the first time in what seems like years.. time is moving waaay too slow for me..

Madness..

No comments: