Tuesday, December 19, 2006

And from the sky..

I think it should totally start raining money.

Ok.

Wishful thinking: I'm totally allowed every once and awhile.

It was weird not having anything to do yesterday. Well. Not like I didn't have anything to do. I went out and did some last minute Christmas shopping.. which i have to do again today.

What I mean by "nothing to do" is that I didn't have a rehearsal or a class or anything like that yesterday. It was strictly home.. and then shopping.. I wasn't in a hurry to make it to a place for anything scheduled. I kinda liked the freedom I had yesterday. Woo hoo!

Sometimes I feel I have taken on way too much in my life. I need to let somethings go. Maybe teaching next year. Maybe I'll let that go for awhile. It is too much stress this year. My brain is fried and I can't take it. The children have worn me out. Last years class kept me rejuvinated. But this years makes me feel like I'm talking to 22 brick walls. I am NOT having fun in this class and I don't even feel like I'm getting through to them.

I wish I felt like I were getting through to at least one or two.. then I would feel like I'm accomplishing something. But.. I'm not..

It's sad.. and it's leaving me very discouraged.. and burnt out..

1 comment:

Dr.John said...

I hate that burnt out feeling. It passes and better feelings take its place. I had a group of confirmands once that didn't seem to learn anything or even to like the class. Years later I got a lteer fdrom one of them saying it was the best thing that happedned in her life.