Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Violated!!

Ok.. it's time to get serious.. on a serious topic.. credit card theft.

So.. I have this one credit card that I rarely use. It is used for monthly yoga class subscriptions and to my booksfree.com subscription.

I started Christmas shopping this past weekend and decided to use that card for it. So.. I did.

Monday.. no.. Tuesday.. my mother gets a call from the credit card fraud department wanting to talk to me. I was already at worked so my mother had to call my cell phone and relay the message.

I had initially thought that the credit card company was merely calling to confirm that I had started using the credit card again and that the charges that i had made on Saturday and Sunday were mine. I love that about credit card companies!

So.. I called. On the automated recorded list of transactions I had made recently on the card... two came up that were classified under "bank transactions".. in other words.. cash advances..

I decided that it was best to talk to an operator so I was put on hold for about 10 to 15 minutes..

When I finally got an operator.. and we went through all that account verification mumbo-jumbo.. she had asked me whether I had traveled to another country lately..

Everyone knows that I've been stuck here for the past few years..

I told her that I hadn't and she proceeded to tell me that someone in the UK had made some cash advances under my credit card number..

THAT SOOO WAS NOT ME!!

Needless to say.. I have paper work to sign and give back.. and I don't have to pay for that scumbag that decided to use my credit card to pay for whatever evil-doing that he/she needed to do!

It's rather violating to know that someone hacked into a personal item of yours without permission..

But.. I am blessed.. I am blessed because the credit card company recognized the transaction as unusual.. and I am blessed that this guy didn't take thousands and thousands of dollars...

Sigh.. what a way to spread Christmas cheer.. as if there isn't enough drama going on in my life..

And that other drama.. will give me more topic for up-coming blog entries.. so stay tuned..

No comments: