Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Dayum.. a reality check!

Yesterday.. i had it.. the reality check.. the thing that has grounded me from all the of the happenings between him and i... i felt the earth on my feet for the first time in a month... I don't know him... I don't know him and I agreed to marry him... I'm in love with him, yet I don't know him... oh my gosh... what's going on? Do I tell him that i'm scared.. do i tell him that I don't know him.. i'm sure he doesn't know me... sounded like he didn't know me.

Here's what happened.

We were in the car.. driving to pick up our friend from work. We were discussing things like places and vacations and retirements and whatnot.. i learned so many things about him within that span of drive and i'm sure he learned a lot about me... there are these details that I don't know and it scares me that I don't know them.. what if I come across a detail about him that I don't like and that will affect our relationship???

Granted.. we have a year before we actually get married.. and that gives us a year to learn about each other.. but still there are these things i don't know.. and it scares me that i don't know a lot about him and i'm willing to spend the rest of my life with him...

Did my mom have these same reservations as she married my dad? Or did she know him a lot better than I know my man now?

SCARED!!!

No comments: