Sunday, January 28, 2007

It's definitely the little things in life..



That's a plate of Salmonella something or other.. I streaked that.. hee hee.. I'm just so proud.. it's like.. the best plate I've ever streaked.. in my whole career.. it's all so clean.. with very distinct colonies.. there's a lil smudge of a half of a colony down on the bottom somewhere.. that's because I had pulled that colony to sub onto a agar slant before I took the picture.. I should have taken it afterwards.. but I didn't think of taking the picture til after I took the colony..

So.. the smudge is there..

I'm not sure which species of Salmonella that was.. only because I was working with a lot of types of Salmonella that day.. so I don't remember which one I took this picture of.. I was just very proud of the fact that I was able to grow it like that because it's a pure culture.. and so it can have the tendency to over grow and just look like lines across the plate without distinct colonies to pull from..

Especially since Salmonella can grow fairly quick too..

Yes.. so this is just a part of the thngs I do at work.. it's just a small part.. but it's the little things in life that keep life interesitng..

2 comments:

Dr.John said...

I don't think I want a job where you grow things like that.

Dr.John said...

Just stopped by to say , Hi.