Wednesday, January 10, 2007

"Ladies and gentlemen.."

I wasn't planning on adding an entry here today. I didn't have anything important to write about. I didn't have anything of substance to really write about. I refuse to have this blog be a non-sensical blog.. well.. more than it already is..

But I found a topic.. so.. here I go..

Today is my parent meeting with my CCD students. Nervous? No. I dont get nervous. But it is easier to speak to a bunch of 3rd graders than it is to speak in front of a crowd of peers or people much older than you.

As you know, my class has been giving me nothing but headaches and potential ulcers. Things haven't really changed since I last complained. And yes. I have been really discouraged about teaching.

But with deep thinking.. I found that even though I am very discouraged.. I still kinda like it. I think my life would be kinda missing something if i weren't teaching. And so.. I think that I'm going to stick with it onto next year. My morale shouldn't be shot down completely over one year of a frustrating students.. I shouldn't just give up.. I should stick with it and see what happens next year..

So with this meeting.. I'm hoping to see a lot of improvement from my students. I just hope that this will be a wake-up call to the parents and that the parents will push them to strive for the best that they can do. I want to give them so much before they leave my class. But the students have to be willing and ready to take it. I hope that this works..

1 comment:

Dr.John said...

As a Pastor the hardest task I had was teaching Confirmands and I have a Master's in Education. Hang in there.