Thursday, January 04, 2007

"There's been a change in me... "

So.. ACT (Adult Chorale Troupe) doesn't come back until March.. so I have lots of time to decide what I want to sing for ACT 2 which is for soloists and small group numbers.. and I really want to do it this time.. so I have my song.. and I'm so excited..

It's going to.. "A Change In Me" from Beauty and the Beast... obviously.. the Broadway Version.. as this session of ACT is a Broadway Revue.. I LOVE BROADWAY REVUES!!!



There's been a change in me
A kind of moving on
Though what I used to be
I still depend on
For now I realize
That good can come from bad
That may not make me wise
But oh it makes me glad

And I-- I never thought I'd leave behind
My childhood dreams
But I don't mind
For now I love the world I see
No change of heart a change in me

For in my dark despair
I slowly understood
My perfect world out there
Had disappeared for good
But in it's place I feel
A truer life begin
And it's so good and real
It must come from within

And I-- I never thought I'd leave behind
My childhood dreams but I don't mind
I'm where and who I want to be
No change of heart
A change in me

No change of heart
A change in me


I think it's a good song. It not only challenges me vocally, the lyrics really hit home with me. I have been through a lot of changes and a lot of "growing up" within the last few years.. not because I really wanted to.. I mean.. who really wants to grow up.. most of the time..

I have had my share of struggles and obstacles and from all of those I continue to learn and change.. so this song can really be seen as my anthem..

I hope I sing my heart out with this song.. I have about two and a half months to perfect this song..

After I audition with it.. there is a possibility that I may get to sing it for the concert.. I really hope so.. I really really hope so..

But let's concentrate on perfection the song and making it really sound like it's a part of me and not some song I have to learn.. which shouldn't be so hard.. this is.. like i said.. my anthem..

1 comment:

Dr.John said...

Perhaps you can get somebody to video tape it an dput it on U-tube for us.