Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Welcome back, teacher!

Today is the first day back to teaching at the Church.

I hope the children had a wonderful Christmas break.

I hope that they learned their prayers.

I hope that their new years resolution was to listen more and engage more in my class. I can dream can't i?

I just don't know what it is but this class will be the reason I may decide not to teach next year. Isn't that sad? One little class can traumatize someone into hating teaching.

I don't know how professional, full-time teachers do it. Every year a different class. Some are good. Some are bad. Some are smart. Some aren't so smart. Yet, every year, they do it.. over and over and over again.. and like it... they like that challenge..

I guess this is why my full time job is in a microbiology lab. I don't have to force anyone to grow.. haha!

I think that it should be my new years resolution to be more patient and persistent with these kids.. but sometimes it's just plain discouraging.

I'm going to have a parent meeting next week, so maybe I'll address some of my concerns about their childs progress in this class and hopefully things will change for the better.

No comments: