Thursday, October 12, 2006

But that's my house!!

Construction.. construction.. moving right along..

The room is enclosed.. the electrician is here.. he's doing his "wiring thing" and well.. next on their list is to finally tear down the existing wall.. the wall that has been here for 21-22 years.. the wall that had been keeping the house together.. the wall that had been keeping us warm.. that very same wall had kept the wild winds out of our house..

The wall has done so much for us.. given us structure.. kept the house in one piece.. held many pictures.. held many awards..

That wall has been leaned on so many times..

I will miss that walll..

I grew up with that wall..

Really.. I'm not being sarcastic.. and this is not for "comedy" sake.. but I will miss that wall.. I mean.. the house is going to change drastically.. granted.. for the better.. and we are all excited about the changes it will bring.. but no one told me the emotional toll it will take..

I never realized how much I cherished the house as it is.. how much sentimentality I have towards this lil house..

But.. ya.. it's gonna be good.. i just never realized that letting go of a house.. is just as hard as letting go of a person... wow..

Talk about deep..

No comments: