Monday, October 16, 2006

Disappear..

Imagine a weekend.. with no cell phone.. watch.. or laptop..

Imagine a weekend.. with no Justyn to call at night.. to say "good night" to..

Imagine a weekend.. with no contact from the outside world..

Imagine a weekend.. that weekend.. is coming up this weekend..

From Thursday evening to Sunday afternoon.. I will be at a retreat center.. no phone.. no watch.. no laptop.. just me.. and other women.. strengthening their faith.. and learning more about their relationship with God..

Sounds good.. sorta.. even though I don't know.. I'm kinda apprehensive about the whole "no contact with the outside world" sorta thing..

I think I'm gonna have to have my mother (who will be one of the "behind the scenes" folk) hold on to my phone... just in case there is an emergency and I must be contacted..

I dont' like not being without those things.. I feel liek.. I'm losing control of the situation.. but... we are supposed to "let go" of all those things.. in order to fully concentrate on the task at hand..

I guess you can say I'm excited.. learning more about my faith.. in order to teach it to my religious education students.. I just wish we didn't have to be so.. "detached"

WEll.. counting down til the retreat.. meaning.. you probably won't hear from me on Friday.. but enjoy the time you have with me now.. hee hee..

Oh ya.. it's monday.. boo!

No comments: