Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Save the world..

In college.. I wanted to save the world. I wanted to become this all-knowing scientist that could find the cure for anything and everything. I wanted to be a genetic engineer. I wanted to be a pharmacist. I wanted to be chemist. I wanted to be an enviromental biologist. I wanted to save the world with the science.

Toward the end of my college career, I figured that I couldn't save the world. The sciences that could, were too hard.. or too time consuming. Another need and want was taking over my life. That need was to be a mother. That need was to find a lifelong companion. I wanted a family. I wanted to settle down. Science could wait. I wanted a family.

Now, at 26. I have the science. I have the lifelong companion (or so I hope, if God permits). I just need the family. And.. at 26.. maybe sooner.. i also found out that I have God. And that's a battle in itself but it's working out.

I may not be able to save the world like I had initially wanted, so.. I've decided to start small. St. Therese had said it was the little things that we do that can show the world of God's love. And that's what I do.. or at least trying to do.

And.. in my own little way.. I am saving the world..

No comments: