Thursday, November 30, 2006

ARgh!




Ya.. I'm 26 years old. I think I'm old enough to make my own decisions.

Does he make me happy? Yes.

Does he treat me well? Yes.

Does he hurt me or abuse me? No.

Then why can't my parents be happy for me? I know the relationship isn't perfect... but who's relationship is? It's not like we fight all the time.. or disagree all the time.. or are conflicting all the time.. he and I get along very well.. so what's their problem?

I'm just so tired of them trying to butt in when they refuse to see the good things he does for me... they refuse to see anything he does for me.. the refuse him completely..

At least they are talking.. that's all that matters.. they are civil.. at last.. but still..

I'm never going to get that "one, huge, happy family.. complete with parents and in-laws.."

Not that it really happens.. it's just.. I wanted everyone to get along to make my life a lot easier.. but since when has my life been easy???

3 comments:

Dr.John said...

It takes parents a long time to learn that they can't always have their own way. But sometimes they learn and life get sbetter. Hang in there.

Michelle said...

Thats a shame your parents cant be happy that you're happy :( Thats really great you have found someone who has all those great qualities!

Goggles Piasano Ritardo said...

are they hatin on us red heads?